Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Public Transport Courtesy


Given that car prices here are ridiculous as compared to our neighbors, many of us have no choice but to use public transport. As a commuter, one gets to observe a lot human behavior and the best time for observations would be during rush hours.

Remember my previous entry where I mentioned about the elderly folks charging their way through the crowd to get their much coverted seats? Well, recently my girlfriend experienced a new breed of obnoxious commuters; the bratty bitches.

These are usually young, pregnant mothers-to-be or mothers with their bratty halfs in tow. They are either mute or too dumb ass to talk. They expect you to offer them your seat when they come round and hover around you like a vulture. Even if you are asleep, they expect you to automatically wake up and offer your seat to them.

So what happens when you don't? Well, for one thing, they don't say a word. They start kicking your feet. They kick and kick and kick hoping that you get the hint. And if you do not comply, they will continue until they reach their stop where they will give you the stare of death before disembarking.

Though I have not experienced it personally (they seem to target other women passengers), what I find really strange is that these passengers seem to have a lot of energy to keep kicking the seated passenger. Won't it be more effective if they just opened their mouths and asked, "excuse me, could I please have a seat"? I'm sure passengers are more inclined to give up their seats when asked nicely. And I'm sure that it's less tiring to ask rather than to irritate others.

2 comments:

Sausage said...

Singpaoreans is fucking rude mutes

songster69 said...

Sausage said...
Singpaoreans is fucking rude mutes


Agree with you. I always wonder what's so difficult to ask? And many are self-centered to think that they deserve it without asking. Come on man, the world doesn't revolve around you.