Sunday, April 02, 2006

High Class Hawker

It's really unbelievable that some hawkers are so damn picky about the type of coins they receive from their customers. I experienced this first hand at a coffee stall at the Amoy Street food court.

I had ordered a cup of black coffee and when it was sent to my table, I proceeded to pay the coffee lady 70 cents, one 50 cent coin, one 10 cent coin and two 5 cent coins. Seeing the change, the coffe lady (CF) didn't look happy...

CF: Sorry ah, we don't accept 5 cents.
Me: Why not?
CF: Very inconvenient to bank in.
Me: Well, that's all the coins I have (opens wallet to show proof).
CF: OK lor, but next time I won't accept.

Wah, can threaten me about paying with 5 cents! Nevermind, since you're so high class I'll buy my coffee and drinks from your competitors as my money is not good enough for you. Besides,I've never had such complaints from the teh tarik stalls or from the other hawkers when I buy my food and pay using 5 cent coins.

Furthermore, your coffee sucks!

No comments: