Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Do My Shoe Pt 1

I've embarked on a little art project which would be to paint two band logos on a pair of Chuck Taylors. For this, I've selected a pair of full white Chuck Taylors. Here's a preview of the pair still fresh in the box.



There will be one logo per shoe on both the inner and outer sides. That's another reason for choosing this pair as the Chuck Taylor logo is a sewn rubber patch as compared to the normal embossed versions which makes it easy to remove as shown in the picture below. Upon removal of the patch, a little bit of sanding is required to remove the glue that has been used to hold the patch to the canvas.



Okay, now let's get busy. I'm starting with the left shoe and I've just finished stenciling the Misfits logo as shown on the left-hand side (see pic below). I've done this on both sides but this is a rough job. Some touch ups will be in order before the paint is applied. More pics will be posted when they're done.


No comments: