Monday, July 09, 2007

NUS canteen tour of duty

Sigh... This is the last week that I'm an NUS post-grad as come Friday the 13th they will strip me buck naked of my access and matric cards and toss me out onto the streets to rot and die! Nah, kidding! But this means no more discounted subway sandwiches and cookies or the good food at good prices from the canteens (will miss dearly the Vietnamese and Bak Chor Mee stall at Biz canteen for ever piling my plates and bowls whenever I turn up at closing time).

So for this week, I'll go to the canteens with my classmates to bid a fare adieu to those who have fed us through those days where we worked hard to code but our codes hardly worked.

We pay tribute to Edward 'Next Please' the Great at the Biz canteen who never failed to entertain us whenever we queued up for his western fare.

And we will never forget the sumptious (yet cheap) claypot cuisines at the Science canteen, the main reason for us to go down all the way from the other end of campus.

Other food stalls that I will miss include:

  • The Nasi Padang stall @ Biz canteen
  • The Middle Eastern stall @ Biz canteen
  • The Indian Food stall @ Engineering canteen
  • The Ayam Pangang stall @ Engineering canteen

And etc, etc, etc. Oh well, time to binge! Binge! Binge before Friday.

No comments: