Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Engrish 101

In keeping with tradition, I purchased two pairs of jeans online for the coming Lunar New Year celebrations. After collecting them from the vendor I brought them home and removed the tags to put them in the wash. Point to note, I never bothered about the brand names of the jeans when I ordered them online so I decided to take a closer look at them and found smatterings of Engrish... Take for example, specimen no. 1:

Yellow Jucket King
21 Century New Show
Fashion Style

Every cautious stitch makes this garment.

If you put it on you will look more brilliant.

Real goods are loved forever in all ages.


Okay, the Yellow Jucket King has declared that I look pretty darn "not too brilliant" at all right now because I'm not wearing them. Point taken. Moving on to specimen no. 2:

Eight Mun
Jeans Fashion
The head quarter of buffalo adventure department

Wow, I didn't know that there was a buffalo adventure department let alone a quarter of a head for it. And are you implying that my jeans house a quarter of the department? Say, what do members of the buffalo adventure department do anyway? Watch them hump?


No comments: